Chocolate cake with fudgy yoghurt frosting
Print the recipe
Share with your friends
- 1 ¾ cups plain Flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Yoplait Au Naturel yoghurt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chunks
- ½ cup Yoplait Au Naturel yoghurt
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup raspberry jam – optional
- ¼ cup freeze dried raspberries to decorate - optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base of 2 20cm cake tins.
- Sift flour, cocoa, corn flour, baking soda and salt, into a mixing bowl. Add the yoghurt, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla essence and beat with electric mixer on low until mixed, then increase speed and beat well for 1 minute until smooth, stir in chocolate chunks.
- Divide the mixture between the tins and bake 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from pans and place on wire rack to cool completely. Trim one cake to level and spread with jam. Make frosting.
- Place yoghurt, cocoa and vanilla in a large bowl; beat on a low speed adding the icing sugar one cup at a time. Spread the jam covered layer with frosting, chill to firm frosting, add the second layer. Top with frosting or completely coat whole cake in frosting if desired. Decorate with freeze dried raspberries if using.