Layered fruit blueberry trifle
30mins + chilling (start 1 day ahead)
Print the recipe
Share with your friends
- 2 cups blueberries – fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ trifle sponges, trimmed of brown outer crust
- ½ cup cream, whipped
- 4 pottles Yoplait Greek Style Blueberry yoghurt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 dessert spoons sugar
- Sliced toasted almonds to decorate
- 2 tablespoons of fruit based liqueur, sherry or limoncello - optional
- Combine the blueberries, sugar, lime juice and balsamic vinegar in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for five to 10 minutes, until the liquid is reduced to a runny jam consistency. Allow to cool.
- Combine lemon juice and sugar and heat in small saucepan till sugar is dissolved
- Fold Yoplait Greek Style Blueberry yoghurt into whipped cream, set aside.
- To assemble break ½ the sponge into pieces and line your dish. Splash with liqueur if using and ½ the lemon sugar syrup, scatter with 1/3 of compote, top with ½ the yogurt cream mixture.
- Repeat and finish with the last of compote and scattering of toasted almonds. Chill for several hours before serving.