Tartine with Herbed Labne & Heirloom Tomatoes
30mins + chilling (start 1 day ahead)
Print the recipe
Share with your friends
- 500g Yoplait Au Naturel yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig of fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, chopped
- pinch of lemon zest
- 2 cups light extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2-3 ripe heirloom tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon za'atar
- bread, such as sourdough or baguette, thickly sliced, toasted
- black pepper, to taste
- Mix the yoghurt and salt together. Place a sieve lined with clean muslin over a large bowl and pour in the yoghurt. Twist the corners of the cloth and tie them together. Place a side plate underneath the cloth and transfer to the refrigerator to drain overnight.
- Transfer the drained yoghurt into a clean and dry bowl and mix in the garlic, herbs and zest. Shape into balls and refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Transfer the herbed labne balls into a clean glass jar and cover with olive oil.
- To make the tartine, drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and add a springle of za’atar. Grill or bake for 3-4 minutes or until just starting to collapse. Spread the toasted bread with labne, add a tomato, and season with black pepper.
- Serve – and devour!