No Bake Chocolate, Vanilla and Hazelnut Mousse Cake
Print the recipe
Share with your friends
- 1 packet - 200g chocolate coated wheat biscuits such as chocolate wheaten or digestives
- 60 grams melted butter
- 3 ½ teaspoons gelatine dissolved in 3 tablespoons boiling water or milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups or 4 pottles Greek style vanilla bean yoghurt, remove from fridge 30 minutes before using
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup Nutella, warmed in microwave on low power till almost liquid
- Chocolates, chocolate coated nuts and edible cake decorations to decorate - optional
- Remove yoghurt from the fridge and bring to room temperature. Cover the base of a 22cm spring form cake tin with baking paper and clip the sides into place.
- Place biscuits into food processor and pulse to form crumbs, add the melted butter and pulse to combine. Press the biscuit mixture into the prepared tin and chill for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the gelatine and boiling water or milk until dissolved and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cream, yoghurt and sugar and beat until thick. Beat in the gelatine mixture then swirl in ¾ of the Nutella with the tip of a knife.
- Pour into tin and level top. Dot with remaining Nutella and swirl. Tap on bench to level and chill 5 hours. Decorate as desired. Slice with a hot knife.
To ensure a smooth result allow the yoghurt to come to room temperature before starting or the cold mixture may cause the gelatine to set in clumps.
Swap the Nutella for berry puree or salted caramel if you prefer.