Chocolate and Vanilla Mousse
15 minutes plus chilling
Print the recipe
Share with your friends
- 170g 50% cocoa chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup or 1 yoghurt pottle of cream
- 2 Greek style vanilla twin pack Greek yoghurt or 1 cup of vanilla yoghurt
- 1 egg white
- In a small saucepan heat cream to simmer. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate, stirring until completely smooth.
- Cool for 10 minutes then fold in the yoghurt.
- Beat the egg white to stiff peaks and fold into the mixture. Pour or pipe the mixture into 4 small glasses and chill until set.
Use a sweet chocolate in this recipe or if using a higher cocoa content chocolate you may want to add a little sugar.
You can omit the egg white for egg allergies but the mousse will have a firmer, denser less airy texture but is still rich and delicious.