Baked Lemon Donuts with Lemon Glaze
30 minutes + cooling
Print the recipe
Share with your friends
- ½ cup decadent lemon yoghurt
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons milk optional
For the Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Thoroughly grease or spray a donut pan with oil.
- In a medium sized bowl combine yoghurt, egg, oil, sugar, zest and juice and whisk to incorporate.
- Fold in the dry ingredients, adding an extra tablespoon milk if needed to make a thick batter with a dropping consistency.
- Spoon the batter into a large pastry bag or ziplock bag with the corner snipped off. Pipe the batter into the greased pan so the cavities are almost filled to the brim. Bake for 12 -15 minutes, until golden and springy. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- After the donuts have come to room temperature, dip each donut into the glaze and leave to set.
For the Glaze:
- Combine the icing sugar, lemon juice and enough milk so the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
Baked donuts are super quick to make, as they don’t contain yeast.
They’re also lighter in Kilojoules than regular donuts as they’re baked, not fried.
Donut pans are available from specialist kitchenware stores.